Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Family History


I could not resist posting the photo of my great grandmother. “Granny” a.k.a. Katherine MacDonnell lived until she was nearly 102 years old. She was feisty, determined and wonderful. As a teenager I cared for her while I worked in a small “rest home” caring for six other elderly persons. I prepared meals, made beds, did laundry and provided a bit of personal care. How I loved to bathe her wrinkled skin and help her get in and out of the bath tub. I enjoyed her talking about the “old folks” who lived there… all of them at least a decade younger than her.

Unfortunately I was not with her when she died. I continue to dream about her from time to time, and even if only in my dreams, I cherish her.

-Kath

1 comment:

  1. Kath, I see the family resemblance! you have her smile. great blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete