Thursday, January 13, 2011

Noah's Comfort Basket

I have been sick with the flu for the past few days and luckily for me, our five year old grandson Noah decided to be my personal caregiver!

Noah brought me water, a cold cloth, bowl of sliced pears, basket with drawing paper, book, warm winter hat, paintings, and hot pads. He rearranged my blankets, washed my arm, checked in regularly, and blew me a few kisses. In a very loud voice he instructed his little brother to speak to me nicely.

Over the years I have taught about the "Comfort Basket" or the "Basket of Comfort Measures" to nurses, health care workers, family caregivers, and kids in the school communities. I have always enjoyed the concept, but I sure enjoyed being a recipient.

I was impressed by the intuitive wisdom of this kind and loving child. I think I have a new teaching partner!

Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment